Last week, in our excitement at finally re-opening after 4 long months, some things were not clear.
We remain the “Same Old Birchmere”
* no minimum on food and beverage
* same general admission…no reserved seats
* same “ALWAYS FREE PARKING”
* same merchandise store..with social distancing
* tickets available through Ticketmaster and at box office on the night of the show.
We have taken all enhanced health and safety measures, for our friends and staff, and are following all procedures set forth by the CDC and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
* there will be a $5.00 Covid fee
* masks must be worn when you are not seated (when in the bathroom, in the store and when entering and exiting the building)
* box office will open at 5:00pm for ticket transactions only.
* doors will be open at 6:00pm, at which time you will be escorted directly to your seat. No line numbers will be used.
* food and beverage will be available as soon as you are seated
* show will begin at 7:30pm
The bar area will be open at 6:00pm, subject to state law, for those who come by to watch the show on the TV monitors.
We are happy to announce the following shows:
* Fri. July 10: The Billy Price Charm City Band
* Sat. July 11: Daryl Davis
* Fri. July 17: Skinny Wallace
* Sat. July 18: Jumpin’ Jupiter
* Fri. July 24: The Nighthawks
* Sat. July 25: Free Flowing Musical Experience
* Fri. July 31: The Roadducks
Tickets for all these shows are $15.00 and are available at Ticketmaster or at the Box Office (at 5:00pm on the day of the show.) The Box Office will open again Friday, July 10 at 5:00pm. Click artist name above for link to Ticketmaster.
We are hopeful that by August we will be back to the normal Birchmere.
WE CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE YOU AGAIN……………
In music circles, the reputation of the Birchmere is legendary. Many careers have been launched from this internationally recognized music hall. On any given night, a star may be born. Mary Chapin Carpenter, Lyle Lovett, Shawn Colvin, Jerry Jeff Walker, Dave Matthews, Vince Gill, John Prine, Emmylou Harris, Linda Ronstadt, and k.d. Lang are just a few of the artists counted as good friends of the Birchmere. The Birchmere is committed to the presentation of the highest quality music in a comfortable and intimate atmosphere.
The Washington Post talks about 2016 being our 50th Year!
Our InstaGram Feed
Visit Alexandria 360 did a 360 degree tour of our hallway, take a look!
The link below will take you directly to our tour.
Gift cards are available at the Birchmere for any amount.
Cards may only be purchased in person at the box
office. You cannot purchase them online or over the phone.
The box office is open any evening there is a performance between the hours of 5pm and 9pm.
You may use a gift card towards any purchase at the
Birchmere including food, drinks, store merchandise, and
tickets, but all transactions must be made in person at the Birchmere. You cannot,
for example, buy tickets online using a Birchmere gift card.
Gift cards are available year round and make perfect gifts
for any occasion.
Here’s an interview with Average White Band who are here on August 22 & 23, 2020, take a look at the other performance videos and interviews on the video page.